The Intelligent Information Network (IIN) framework is a vision and architecture that adds intelligence to a network. It’s implemented in phased approach for integrating the network with applications, middleware, servers, and services.
INN’s(Intelligent Information Network) capabilities:
- An integrated system – The network is integrated with applications, middleware, and services.
- Active participation. – Allows the network to manage, monitor and optimize application and services delivery.
- Police enforcement. – The network enforces policies linking business procesess to network rules.
INN (Intelligent Information Network) has a evolutionary approach that consists of three phases:
- Integrated Transport involves the convergence of voice, data and video into a single transport network.
- Integrated Services merges common elements such as storage and data center server capacity.
- The Integrated Application phase allows the network to become application-aware. The network can optimize application performance.